So I made a cute little skirt for my daughter and she loves it! It's perfect for everyday, church, or play.
This skirt cost me only $1.00 to make! Love that! This a very easy project that anyone can make.
Here's how to do it!
Best for sizes 3T and smaller
1/4-1/2 wide elastic - enough to go around the waist
Sewing machine, thread, pins, scissors
1. Cut your handkerchief in half.
2. Put right sides together and sew the two side seams.
4. Sew right on top of the raw edge with a zigzag stitch. This will keep the fabric from fraying in the wash. If you'd like you could fold under the raw edge and then ssw (just be sure the casing is wide enough for your elastic).
5. Measure the elastic around the waist of your subject so it is fits, but is not snug. Cut. Then place a safety pin on one end.
6. Now push the safety end through the opening in the casing you sewed.
7. Once the elastic is through push all the fabric to one side so you can grab both ends of the elastic. Overlap the elastic 1 - 1.5 inches so it will now be snug around the wearers waist.
8. Sew the elastic ends together several times.
9. Push the elastic all the way into the casing. Pull the fabric flat and sew the opening closed being sure to backstich to secure the ends. I forgot a picture - sorry!
Now you're done!
The Finished Project:
So simple and cute for only a $1!