Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dessert Pizza - Flag Style

After I had my fourth baby last summer a friend was kind enough to bring our family a meal. With that meal included the most amazing dessert. After I took the first bite, before dinner of course, I wanted to hide it all for myself. It was sweet, creamy and fruity.

When I asked my friend for the recipe she told me it was "just dessert pizza." Just dessert pizza?! It's amazing. It's so good and easy I make it all the time.

Somehow my husband nor I grew up with this fine treat. Just in case you've missed out on this deliciousness too I wanted to share the recipe with you!


Dessert Pizza - Flag Style
2 tubes sugar cookie dough
2 packages cream cheese, soft
2/3 cup sugar
Blueberries
Strawberries
Jelly Roll Pan

The Cookie:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Press the cookie dough into a greased jelly roll pan.
 Leave a small space around the edge. The dough will expand.
Bake for 12-15 until golden brown.
Once cooled I cut around the edge of the cookie to make it even.


The Frosting:
 Cream the sugar and cream cheese together. 
Once the cookie is completely cooled spread the cream cheese on the cookie.

The Fruit:
Use the blueberries and strawberries to make your stars and stripes.

Variations:
For a 9x13 pan half the recipe.
Round pizza pans are fun to use too.
Any type of fruit for this is delicious.
We also like kiwi, bananas, & peaches.








We decorated our pan with some fun patriotic paper!


4 comments:

  1. i never grew up with that fine treat either. But maybe i will try that this year. I have seen it done before on top of a sheet cake, but not on top of a giant cookie. YUM!! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. I think i'm going to have to make this for the 4th! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy and beautiful at the same time !!! I'll have to make some.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails