Thursday, July 1, 2010

Watermelon Berry Star

Here is another easy, fun, and festive patriotic treat for this coming weekend. Nothing says summer more than watermelon and berries.  Happy 4th of July!!

Ingredients:
1 Large watermelon
Cool Whip
Blueberries
Strawberries

Cut a three-inch thick slice from the center of a watermelon. Place it flat on a cutting board and use a sharp kitchen knife to cut a star shape. (I printed out a star to use as a template.) Pat the watermelon dry with a paper towel.






Place the star on your serving dish or cake stand. Pipe some cool whip around the bottom edge of the star. I put some into a plastic bag and cut off the tip to pipe it out. Spread additional cool whip on the top of the watermelon. Decorate with berries as desired!


Wish I could claim this star idea as my own. I saw a picture of this on my apartment newsletter this week, but there wasn't a source. It was so simple and the watermelon and berries taste amazing together!

8 comments:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME! I've never seen it done before....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo pretty!! It looks so artistic and fun for the Fourth! I am super impressed! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun and festive for the holiday! Thanks so much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love watermelon!! What a great way to display it. Fun idea. Looks like you picked out a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is great! I'm doing this this weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, found you from new friend fridays (or whatever it's called) Great blog, such cute craft ideas! I can't wait til my baby is older to do these sorts of fun things with him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is amazing! I LOVE this! I'd love for you to link it up @ iheartnaptime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it! this was on our apt newsletter as well :)
    are you in a waterton residential property?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails