Monday, July 12, 2010

Rainbow Sandwiches

My darlng cousin posted this fun idea on her blog and was kind enough to let me share it with you! She grew up doing this with her brothers and now does it with her own son. I can't wait to try it with my own kids. I know they'd love it! Thanks Shaunelle!


What you will need:



1. Water
2. Tablespoon
3. Food coloring
4. A compartmentalized dish
5. A clean paintbrush
6. Bread

What you need to do:
1. Drop 2 drops of food coloring into each compartment.

2. Add 1 tablespoon water --or more, depending on how big your drops of food coloring are--to the food coloring. The goal is to water it down enough so it's not toxic.

3. Paint! Let your kids be as creative as they can be.
4. Toast the bread in a toaster or on the stove. We put cheese inside ours to make a grilled cheese sandwich. You can use any fixin's you want!
5. Enjoy a delicious, colorful meal!
This is a really fun activity to do, especially for holidays. Use red and blue for Independence Day, green and red for Christmas, or orange and yellow for Halloween. Make fun birthday toast for breakfast, or paint hearts for Mother's Day. The possibilities are endless!



6 comments:

  1. That's cute. :p My kids would have had a ball with that when they were younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute. I'll have to try this with my 4 little munchkins!

    Thanks for linking to Messy Monday. Can't wait to see what you link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest daughter would love this! I think we might have to give this a try, Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! We're gonna try it. Does it show up much with wheat bread though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think wheat bread will be fine for darker colors like blue, green, and red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea. My son is 10 and he will really like doing this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails