Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Nothing says 'end of summer, beginning of fall' like peach pie.
Creamy Peach Pie
-Make 2 pies-
1.5 cups sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 small package lemon jello (not the pudding)
8 oz cream cheese
8-12oz cool whip
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2- Cooked Pie Crusts
1. Puree 2-3 peaches in blender until it equals about about 1.5 cups
2. Bring puree and and sugar to a boil in pot on stove. Mix cornstarch and water - stir into puree mixture unil thickened. Mix in the jello powder until disolved.
3. Set aside to cool.
4. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip.
5. Divide and layer into the bottom of the prepared pie shells.
6. Slice remaining peaches and layer on top of cream mixture.
7. Pour puree over top of peaches.
8. Cool and top with cool whip.