Wednesday, September 22, 2010
1. When I was 17 I wanted my highlighted hair brown again so I colored it with box color - by myself. I ended up with orange roots and brown tips. I cried, a lot. Two salon trips and $140 later I ended up with almost black hair. Luckily it faded quickly. What we do in the name of beauty, huh?
2. I don't feel like any meal is complete (even breakfast) without something sweet. Chocolate and ice cream are my go to goodies, but anything will do.
3. When I was 8 I was in a commercial for a local furniture store. Another boy and I pretended to be a couple shopping for furniture and arguing over why we choose to go to that store. My line was "because of the large selection." It was kind of a mouth full for a toothless 8 year old.
4. My husband and I didn't cut our cake at our wedding. We weren't even going to have a cake (I just didn't care about it that much), but my aunt did make a beautiful cake for us last minute. I think I didn't want my husband to smash cake in my face because I'm sure he would have.
5. My small hand cheese grater is my favorite kitchen utensil/gadget. Love that thing (more about that soon).
6. At this point in my life I often find myself choosing my grocery store according to their accommodations for kids as opposed to great deals and coupon match-ups. Kroger has a cart that will fit all 4 of my children, they give out free cookies, pack my groceries and take them to my car for me. I love great customer service.
7. I worked as a telemarketer for 2 weeks in high school. What a boring and frustrating job. Thankfully I got a different job that I had applied for at the same time.
8. I was curling my bangs getting ready for my 8th grade choir party when I smelled something burning. Then I noticed the sizzling. I removed the curling iron from my hair to find part of my bangs burnt onto the rod in a charred mess. Ahhhh! My mom wasn't even home to help me fix the mess that my hair had become. (2 hair stories, sorry).
9. I do about 90% of the driving when both my husband and I are in the car. He doesn't like to drive and I do. I'm a very annoying side seat driver (gasping, putting on the imaginary brake, bracing around every turn) so we get along much better when I drive.
10. Today I'll be eating cheesecake for lunch, taking a nap (it's my birthday so I can do that) and hopefully doing some crafting!
Do any of you ladies do most of the driving in your family?!
** Swag Bucks gave me 50 swag bucks for my birthday. It totally made my morning. I've earned over $40 in giftcards in the last 2 months for just searching the internet through Swag bucks. Sign up and you can earn bucks for gift cards too!**