Friday, August 27, 2010

Not in the mood . . .

 . . . to cook. Not because it's hot or anything, I just don't feel like it. I would say about 80% of the time I really LOVE to cook, 15% I LIKE to cook and 5% I just don't feel like it.

We all have those days that get busy, we get tired and by 6pm we realized we haven't started dinner and nothing sounds good anyway. (I'm not the only one who gets like this right?)

Serving my family a hot meal is one of my favorite parts of the day, but it just wasn't happening yesterday. Luckily my husband and kids are gracious and didn't mind grilled cheese and burritos for dinner last night.

I'm heading out to the grocery store in a few and my list is very small because I'm just not in the mood to cook. Usually the weekend is when I try new recipes. I've been searching my own recipes lists and scouring over all the fab food blogs out there and have come up with a few simple recipes to get us through the weekend without a lot of hard work in the kitchen. Gotta love those recipes that are simple, fast and tasty.

Here's my dinner menu for the weekend!

Friday:
Pizza - buying a pepperoni one from the store and then I'll make this Zio Peppe Pizza to try something new.


Saturday:
Turkey BLT's - one of my own recipes
Coconut Grilled Corn
Homemade Ice cream in the machine - something fun for the kids

Sunday:
Keeping it super simple!
Grilled Cheese - I know we already had this once this week, oh well.
Bean n' Bacon Soup - from the can

What are your 'go to' meals when you just don't feel like cooking?! (If you couldn't tell  grilled cheese and burritos are my 'go to' meals.)

1 comment:

  1. for some reason this reminded me of eating "chili chips", and sloppy joes at your mom's house growing up. Ha ha, every mom has those 'go to' ones, right? And is grilled cheese just required to go with bean n' bacon soup or is that just a mormon circle thing? My husband not eating red meat makes that whole bacon part a little tricky ;op so fun that you had a vacation just the two of you . . . that sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails