I want to share some ideas with you of how to have a frugal, but fabulous date night with your spouse!
1. Don't throw out the junk mail! Think twice before throwing out the junk mail each day. Those Red Plum, ValPak and other ad mailings are filled with valuable coupons to your local restaurants. Search through and tear out any coupons that you might have an interest in and set them aside in an envelope or file folder for future reference. Keep the envelope in your car so it's always on hand and you don't forget it at home.
When date night rolls around take a peak at the coupons you've collected and pick a restaurant based on what deals you have in your hand.
My husband and I used one of our "junk mail" coupons to go to a Mexican restaurant recently and our total bill was only $7 +tip. We had a great dinner and were very happy with the restaurant. Who can beat date night for $7?!!
2. Join Groupon, Sweet Daily Deals, or a similar discount deal service in your area! This is the perfect way to get a great discount for dates nights and activities around your town! You can save a ton through Groupon!
Such a sweet coupon service that has awesome daily deals to restaurants, attractions, and businesses in your area! Each day there is a new deal to be had - sometimes up to 90% - and if enough people want to purchase it that day you get the deal!! You can even purchase these deals to give to others as gifts!
To give you an idea of what can of deals they offer up here are a few that have been up this past week in my town!
- 50% off to the local science museum, Only $9 instead of $18! Fun to take the kids too. Couldn't afford it without this coupon.
- Today's deal for my city is 50% off at The Melting Pot - Only $20 for a $40 certificate. I'm thinking this would be the perfect gift for my parents upcoming anniversary!
- A $3 medium smoothie at Smoothie King - regularly $7! Perfect for those hot summer nights strolling the park with your spouse.
Click on the logo and sign up today so you can score a great discounted coupon for your date night this weekend!! It takes about 3 seconds to sign up!