Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello Pinterest!!

I avoided it for as long as I could, Pinterest that is. I knew another social network would suck up more of my time each day (I'm not always great at managing my time), but I caved.

I asked to be invited and yesterday when I got the email to make my account I did it.  As soon as I got started and saw everything that people posted on their boards my heart starting racing, but in a totally anxiety filled way. Talk about sensory overload!

Scrolling down the page my eyes and mind couldn't keep up fast enough with the decadent desserts, beautiful bouquets of flowers, the kid crafty foods, diy dressers, yarn wreaths and plethora of other great projects and recipes to tackle. But after a few minutes (and several deep breaths) I knew I was going to be ok.

Um, hello? No longer am I scrolling through long lists of bookmarked pages (even if semi-organized) to find the recipe I want (rather frustrating). Now I click onto my 'Favorite Foods' or 'Recipes to Try' board and I'm greeted with lovely pictures and links to food I can make! So simple and I LOVE it.

I vow not to let Pinterest take over my life, but to let it help me organize my life and all the food, crafty and homemaking endeavors I'm aiming to try. After all, that's just what this Family Scientista blog is all about . . . homemaking experiments from my family lab!!


*Welcome to anyone new to my site. I'm so glad you stopped by! Take a few moments and look around. I'm just creeping back into blog land and will have my 'pages' at the top updated as soon as possible.

In the mean time please stay in touch by becoming my newest Follower (top right) or following me on PinterestFollow Me on Pinterest

Happy Weekend Everyone!! I hope it's a great one!

4 comments:

  1. I'm following you on Pinterest! Good luck with that whole "I won't be addicted" thing... it didn't work out so well for me. MUST. PIN. EVERYTHING. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just happy I found out you have a blog. Can't wait to check it for fun ideas! Love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm following you on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took the plunge in December. I was resistant too, but I love it now! Happy pinning! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails